Monday, March 5, 2007

Reise, Reise


It was about 4 years ago, the first time i saw ants marching in rhythmic steps and communicating in a language i didnt understand and yet it felt so exhilarating watching them with the beat. From the moment i heard it, i knew i liked it but couldnt imagine to what extent it would change things for me and completely immerse me into the world of RAMMSTEIN. So it was Links 2 3 4 that set the mood for what was to become a truly cherishable adventure for me.

4 years ago RAMMSTEIN was new not only for me but for Nepal(and still is) as well, so after lots of struggle, by hook or crook i was able to get my hands on "Mutter" the album which had just been released. The guitar riffs, the enunciation of Till and most of all the langauge just hooked me straight up. I just couldnt get enough of it. Then again through my desperate yet successful attempts i got my hands on "Sehnsucht" and "Herzeleid" and realized how much RAMMSTEIN had changed in the course of time. "Herzeleid" with its simple,addictive and brutal guitar riffs; "Sehnsucht" with its Flake-infested melodic rhythms and bizzare lyrics; "Mutter" with its refined sound, all seemed so distinct yet the same and just brought joy to the ears.

But, my journey with RAMMSTEIN was not only musically fulfilling but socially fruitful as well. I knew i had to learn Deutsch the first time i heard it. Although i was able to officially start learning Deutsch only 8 months ago, but that didnt stop me from learning how to speak correctly or even sing properly. Also, it was after listening to RAMMSTEIN that i was able to befriend Michaela, a dear friend of mine. Although older than me and with different musical taste still, we got along very well and only 1 year back she also visited me and we had a good time in Nepal talking more about RAMMSTEIN. Also, she was kind enough to "geschenk" me with "Reise, Reise", a more elaborate RAMMSTEIN with choirs, accordians and cannibals and another masterpiece. I also got to know Mizz, Daniela and Telmo, all great people thrrough the music of RAMMSTEIN.

I also had the chance of reading some great literary works due to RAMMSTEIN. When recently i got the "Rosenrot" album, the most diverse sounding album, with serious duets (didnt like the english part too much), spanish sound and more hard knocks. The song Rosenrot was somewhat based on Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe's "Heidenröslein". Likewise, Dalai Lama on "Erlkönig"; Hilf Mir on Heinrich Hoffmanns' "Geschichte mit dem Feuerzeug". So, RAMMSTEIN opened up German Literature to me as well. Nowadays, i read works of Friedrich Nietzsche, Goethe and even Grimm Brüder.It also helped me in learning German and made things even more interesting in the class. The songs helped in really knowing some German Kultur to some extent be it religious stuff of Totensonntag or the social stuff of Armin Meiwes.

So, ending this long, boring yet true monologue of my journey with RAMMSTEIN, i have to say RAMMSTEIN has been almost of a daily entity for me and if i hadnt seen those marching ants in the beginning, so much would be completely different now. Deshalb bin ich ihnen sehr dankbar, RAMMSTEIN!!! SIE SIND SUPER!!!

No comments: