Sunday, May 13, 2007

Music: gets me through!!

On my quest of new musical adventures, among others, recently I have stumbled upon one or more equally gripping music. Music, I believe, speaks to a large number of people without worrying about nationality, religion or even languages. I think many bands and artists I like the most speak in languages I have almost no clue of (no, not English!). But still, the music and the experience a whole serves a greater purpose. You just know a great song even though it’s in Slovenian, French or any other language for that. Sometimes, people give me the crazy eye when I confess about my love for songs which I have no understanding of (language wise) or when I forcefully make them listen to them one way or the other. But regardless of the language or genre I love music as a whole and just cant seem to get enough of it.

My play list seems to change more than often and when it does, I don’t mind listening to that over and over and over again until I find something else and the cycle continues. Currently speaking; there is some folk german metal, with Subway to Sally, their vocals might catch you off guard nonetheless still a decent listen. Siddharta a Slovenian band with its blend of hard rock and ballad-type songs just gets off on the right foot every time. Also, the OST for Kill Bill will just refresh you with tracks by Nancy Sinatra, Bernard Herrman, Tomoyasu Hotei and Santa Esmeralda, to name a few, catching your attention right away. A visually impaired pair of Amadou & Mariam, with their bluesy yet soothing French sound is also something worth a listen.

Like, science subject (which I don’t fancy as much) music requires some basic experimenting. Let yourself free from the definite genre grasp, be open and try out new sounds even though you might not have heard or even though would hear. Feel free to browse around and you might just stumble upon something that will captivate you and delight you beyond words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nepali girl, Lets hope she becomes a huge international star !! :)

http://www.asthamusic.com

प्रज्वल said...

For some reason I have lost desire to explore new music, I am very content with my 80's & early 90's rock.

However I have started exploring more about Narayan Gopal et. al, which suprisingly I missed during my growing days.

May be this transition in me is due to my growing age :)

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite songs are chinese, japanese and korean.. I don't understand a single word but they still move me.. :)

Sugam said...

for me still musik is just so much more...im more drawn into european musik...it was german, russian, spanish that fancied me much and now slovenian seems to have really gotten in me...:)