Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Implication and inference

Today was Nepal Bandh, again no cars, no pollution but still no normal life as well. My day was also pretty abnormal stayed at home almost the whole afternoon, cleaned my room (after a very long time). And soon there is load shedding as well so it will be a short day today, the lights go out from 9 till 1 in the night so will be in bed very early today. Kein Probleme.

Have been reading poems of Goethe lately (again) and some are really nice. No wonder even Rammstein have covered some of his work (Heidenröslein became Rosenrot and Erl-König became Dalai Lama). This one is also nice.

Nähe des Geliebten

Nearness of the
Beloved
One

Ich denke dein,
wenn mir der Sonne schimmer
Vom Meere strahlt;
Ich denke dein,
wenn sich des Mondes Flimmer
In Quellen malt.

Ich sehe dich,
wenn auf dem fernen Wege
Der Staub sich hebt,
In tiefer Nacht,
wenn auf dem schmalen Stege
Der Wandrer bebt.

Ich höre dich,
wenn dort mit dumpfem Rauschen
Die Welle steigt.
Im stillen Haine geh' ich oft zu lauschen
Wenn alles schweigt.


Ich bin bei dir,
du seist auch noch so ferne,
Du bist mir nah!
Die Sonne sinkt,
bald leuchten mir die Sterne.
O wärst du da!

I think of you,
when I see the sun's shimmer
Gleaming from the sea.
I think of you,
when the moon's glimmer
Is reflected in the springs.

I see you,
when on the distant road
The dust rises,
In deep night,
when on the narrow bridge
The traveler trembles.

I hear you,
when with a dull roar
The wave surges.
In the quiet grove I often go
to listen
When all is silent.


I am with you,
however far away you may be,
You are next to me!
The sun is setting,
soon the stars will shine upon me
If only you were here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hі my famіly member! I want to say that this article
is аmazing, great writtеn anԁ include almost all signіfiсant infos.
I'd like to look extra posts like this .

Here is my web page; TENS Units

Anonymous said...

Hi, this weekend іs good in faνoг of me,
since thіs occaѕion i am readіng this enοrmous infoгmatіve ρieсe οf wгitіng hеre at my
houѕe.

My hοmepage - tens unit

Anonymous said...

Utilize an ice-cubes package for the unpleasant area. Despite its efficiency, an an ice pack pack is among the best options for lowering lower back pain. Using ice cubes or even a chilly load up towards the painful area reduces swelling and circulation of blood, that also reduces the soreness. Additionally, it may assist alleviate firmness. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Obse8ighve[/url]